Friday, March 19, 2010

Great Expectations Question #2

I am a bit confused by Miss. Skiffins character and her importance to the book. Also in chapter37 on page 299 is Wemmick trying to put his arm around Miss. Skiffins, or what is happening on that whole page. After re-reading it several times just made me more confused I gave up thinking about Miss. Skiffins and decided to forget her until she comes up again. Here's the part that really confuses me. "I noticed Weemmick's arm beginning to disappear again, and gradually fading out of view. Shortly afterwords, his mouth began to widen again." What the heck is going in right now?

2 comments:

  1. Wemmick is an important character in the book. Who he likes is character development also the way he acts towards who he likes. Character development is important in this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jenny, while I was reading this part of the story, all I could imagine was this (kind-of) sleezy guy trying to hit on a girl haha.
    And that sleezy guy is Wemmick. Although I like Wemmick because he is a pretty awesome guy, I don't think he understands the ways of flirting, and he is just trying to - as subtly as he can - wrap his arm around Miss Skiffins. That's pretty much all that passage is saying.
    Also, that Miss Skiffins doesn't like Wemmick so much, and she is rejecting him by pushing his arm away. haha

    ReplyDelete