Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Final Blog

The first time Mrs. Gilman told us about our English Blog I was pretty freaked out; I'd never done anything relating to blogs and I hate having to memorize new passwords. Till mid-January I was still occasionally having problems logging on to my blog. I haven't been the most diligent blogger in the class and I'll admit to sometimes knowingly not doing my blog out of laziness, often though I simply forgot I even had a blog to do. From the very first blog about how we read to the last one about essay writing, I never minced words, I called it how I saw it and let my opinion be known. Maybe that wasn't always the best idea but it sure was entertaining. Since I never felt like anyone was actually reading my blog I was free to put down crazy ideas and say weird things. The strangest thing is that because of that I either remember or can tell what mood I was in when I wrote every blog.

During the first blog about my reading style I was super snarky and thinking that the whole idea of blogging was awesome. Sadly toward the end of the year my blog posts have gotten shorter and shorter, less original and have the feel of being done only to achieve a good grade. Now personality only peaks out in my posts were I talk about myself, don't have to write about what book were reading, connect things to modern culture or were I get to complain about what we are doing in English. The posts in which we were supposed to ask questions about Great Expectations just turned into me being really angry at having to read it and not knowing what was going on a lot of the time. Any of the blogs about the book we were reading are super boring and I was just hating it the entire time I was writing them.

I have a really hard time saying what I want to say over the computer. When I talk to someone a lot of the things I'm saying are understood through hand gestures and the inflection of my voice. Things in my blog are actually pretty vague and hard to understand I you didn't recently read the prompt. Thats something I should have worked on a little. I also never made writing my blog part of my homework ritual, normally I have a time every week I do weekly homework( like the blog) but I always just forgot till the last minute so they were super random and half-hearted.

Now it's over though, I never have to write another blog, and I have a strange feeling of sadness that I'll never post another comment or read Nikki's rambling blog again. This blog to me is a document of my Freshman year and I'm sad because it ending really brings home to me that the year is over and nothing is ever going to be exactly like this year was. So this quote sums up the joy and sorrow of the end of the year. " If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page" -Mark Houlahan.

No comments:

Post a Comment