Friday, May 21, 2010

Essay Writing

I don't consider myself a very accomplished essayist, I can write a decent essay but I am aware of my shortcomings. I am always second guessing every sentence I write. Every time I turn in a paper I think I'm going to get a C, but by some miracle I manage to get a decent B or A (except on timed writes, I fail at those). This year I learned a lot about how to structure and make my essay flow correctly. Literary analyzes does really help me understand whats going on in the book and what the author meant. Analyzing also helps you notice things you would probably have glossed over and forgotten.

My conclusion is really weak and I think that that may bring my essay down to a B. Some of my transitions are really awkward, they kind of jar you and bring unwanted attention to the change in idea. I have a small but noticeable amount of repetitive that really needs fixed. Sentences are worded strangely and the order of sentences in paragraphs is a little off. I think I just need to do a little fine tunning.

1 comment:

  1. I also have a problem with awkward wording you're not the only one :). But you're a great writer so I'm sure you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete